The 2021 Writing Analytics Spring Virtual Symposium was held May 18-27, 2021, on Microsoft Teams.
Call for Proposals
The COVID-19 pandemic has transformed the ways in which we interact. Both the September, 2020 Analytics Conference in Tartu, Estonia, and the February, 2021 North American Conference were postponed following its onset. Nevertheless, research has continued under these adverse conditions. In light of the tension between pandemic and productivity, we invite presentations of works-in-progress on a diverse range of analytics topics that engage the taxonomy of research of various natures (methodological, pedagogical, public-facing and community-engaged, historical, theoretical, and interventional). Recognizing the international nature of our field, the symposium will offer options for both synchronous and asynchronous interactions and feedback for participants via the Microsoft Teams interface.
- Those who wish to participate as presenters would create 1) short (5 – 7 minute) prerecorded presentations and 2) a short description of the full project that would be posted online in controlled forum a week before synchronous sessions begin.
- Prior to the synchronous sessions (60 - 90 minutes, scheduled at times to enable attendance from a variety of time zones), attendees/respondents may watch and read the materials posted. Those who can join the synchronous sessions could respond in those sessions; those unable to join would be able to respond in the Teams environment.
To submit a proposal, please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact information: name, affiliation, email, position
- Type of work: potential article, chapter in an edited book, dissertation chapter or prospectus, work for another conference, book proposal, etc.
- Title of your project/proposal
- Keywords that describe your research area, and/or proposal
- Proposal of up to 750 words, not including citations.
- March 15, 2021: Proposals due
- April 1, 2021: Decisions
- May 10, 2021: Short Presentations and Full Description of Projects Due
- May 18 - 27, 2021: Symposium
We are committed to ensuring the Symposium is an inclusive and accessible space for all.